Pages

April 15, 2010

Top Five of Everything!


Books

1.     The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follet.
2.     Alchemyst series, Michael Scott.
3.     Godfather, Mario Puzo.
4.     Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
5.     Shopaholic series, Sophie Kinsella
(Funny to see Harry Potter and Twilight aren’t included into this list. Well, IMHO, they both are good, but not excellent enough to be five highest ranks. And, I don’t mean to be conceited by not involving Indonesian writer. If there is 6th rank, I’ll put Perahu Kertas by Dewi Lestari there.)
Movies

1.     Trilogy of Lord of the Rings, Peter Jackson.
2.     Trilogy of Godfather, Francis Ford Coppola.
3.     Green Mile, Frank Darabont.
4.     The Little Mermaid, Ron Clements & John Musker.
5.     50 First Dates, Peter Segal
(I really love trilogy, don’t I? And, yes, I love Little Mermaid. We all love Disney, who on earth doesn’t? Ariel is my favorite princess anyway. And no, I don’t like Indonesian movies. Well, some of them are great, but…well…err… too much for me, I think.)
Websites, Blogs

1.     MINDCUBE and BOOKS of DELA.
2.     thepradonos.com
5.     Sea of Shoes.
(I don’t mean to be so narcissist! I really love my own blogs; they are real description of me. And, surprisingly, four of them are Indonesian blog!)
Twitter Account
1.     @deelestari (Dewi Lestari)
2.     @AdaDiskon (Ada Diskon)
3.     @PreventionIndo (Prevention Indonesia)
4.     @anjinggombal (Anjing Gombal)
5.     @fiksimini (Fiksi Mini)
(Hooray, all of them are from Indonesia!)
Places

1.     Toba Lake, North Sumatera.
2.     Safari Park, Cisarua West Java.
3.     Kuta Beach, Bali.
4.     Mirota Shop, Yogyakarta.
5.     Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur.
(I don’t travel a lot, though I want to. But, Alhamdulillah, I’ve given chances to visit beautiful places above. Criteria for picking up these high-fives are comfort, beauty, desirability to returning a visit.)
Foods and Drinks

1.     Ice cream!!! Whatever its brand.
2.     Strawberry.
3.     Whopper, Burger King.
4.     Elle & Vire yoghurt.
5.     Cimory Fresh Milk.
(Well, I am eating a lot, so it’s kinda hard to write this list. I love many kinds of food, I eat everything! Hope I don’t embarrass myself by confessing it.)
Figures, Idols, Persons
1.     Mommy.
2.     Wulan Indraswati
3.     Rohadi Yusuf
4.     134 people from 2004s civilian.
5.     Blogger friends!!!
(The first person is my mom, who has taught me about how hard life is. She’s most precious things on earth for me. Second, my best friend, Wulan; she has accompanied me since we were little kids. Third is my boyfie. And, forth, I can’t pick one of them! To be frank, I wasn’t that close with all of them, I’ve just befriended close with several people. But, after all, they’re special on their on way; make each other strong, different in good way. Fifth, of course all of you who are reading this post! I love you!)

4 comments:

  1. thank you very much for your comment in my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D thank you, we feel honored to be in one of your top lists :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your picks! :) though i do wish to differ about Harry Potter (I dont like twilight sorry twihards). on the contrary i dont really like "chicklits" like the shopaholic series. but everybody's tastes differ! anyways i have to give you a HUGEEEE thumbsup for the hunger games! :)

    ReplyDelete